The identity of
In addition to general prayer and financial support across the diocese there are currently over 40
Find out more at http://http://www.almalink.org
What does it mean to be twinned with another parish?
It means that we care, share and pray for each other in many ways:
- That we have a commitment to have a prayer link between the two parishes and to pray for each other regularly.
- That we share greetings at special times of the year like Christmas and Easter and where possible to make some connections in our worship (for example sharing a prayer or a song in Portuguese and in English which we might include say on Easter Day)
- That we look at the possibilities of having a link between our children’s / youth groups
- That we have a commitment to be in conversation together about the needs of both parishes and where possible to help to contribute spiritually, practically and financially towards those needs.
- That we work towards visiting each others parishes.
At the end of October 2010 we established a twinning with St Andrew’s Church, Chigoma in the Cobue district the northern lakes
The area overlooks
That is where the largest Cathedral in the region is, the landmark left by the UMCA missionaries.
Next to the church is a clinic, and members of the church offer voluntarily service there, as do they the Equipa da Vida team which serves the community in many different ways. The priest's house is recently renewed, with just a few things left to finish. The Mothers Union is very active in their work.
Padre Samuel Kapala is the current priest and Padre Jonathan Saide will be taking over shortly.
This twinning has recently been established and we look forward to sharing news, praying for each other, encouraging each other and establishing a spiritual relationship through Christ.
- Join us for our regular Sunday service
- 10am lively mass with music
020 8423 3775