Detailed Safeguarding Policy
This Safeguarding Policy has been drawn up in line with the Safeguarding in the Diocese of London Policy Document. It outlines the practices and procedures for safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults adopted by the PCC of St. Barnabas, Northolt Park. St Barnabas recognises that all individuals have the right to be free from abuse of any kind.
St Barnabas PCC therefore aims to ensure:
· That all children, young people and vulnerable adults shall be safe at all times when in the care and responsibility of church personnel whether at St. Barnabas or away from church premises.
· That an atmosphere of nurturing, caring and of pastoral ministry shall be created and maintained where children, young people and vulnerable adults are able to worship and grow in Christ in a safe environment.
· Have in place Safeguarding Officer, Children’s Champion and an Elders’ Champion to ensure our aims, Policy and Procedures remain priorities in our church. Safeguarding shall be on the agenda of the PCC at each and every meeting.
· Listen and respond quickly and appropriately to the concerns of children, young people, vulnerable adults, their parents and carers.
· Ensure that those working with or alongside children, young people, and vulnerable adults will:
o Be interviewed and vetted to ascertain their suitability to work with children, young people and vulnerable adults
o receive training in relation to the care and safety of those in their care
o never work in isolation
o receive regular and appropriate support in their roles.
· Review annually this Safeguarding Policy and the Policy Statement.
· Display the Policy Statement in public areas of the church and church hall
· Ensure that copies of the Safeguarding Policy are available in church and that a signed copy is held in the church office
- Join us for our regular Sunday services currently
- 11.15 Lively Zoom Mass with Music
- (Facebook message us for login details)
- (physical mass currently suspended)
020 8423 3775